About Me

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Flowers, flowers everywhere!

So today I tried out my "Behavior Bouquet" with a sweet first grade class. One word: AMAZING! The kids LOVED it and it worked wonders with their behavior! All I had to say was, "I'm looking to give out flowers" or simply shake the bag of flowers (which I carried with me everywhere we went) in front of them, and their "quiet fingers" shot straight up. And of course, whenever I gave out a flower and announced why that child received it, all of the other students immediately "corrected" any behavior they needed to. They also really enjoyed decorating them when we had time.

All in all, it was extra work but I think the end result was phenomenal. Seeing those precious first graders not making a peep in the hall made me glow with pride! Hopefully, their teacher won't mind a vase full of construction paper flowers and pipe cleaners when she gets back, hehe. :)


Just look at all those flowers!!



1 comment:

  1. Amazing Idea Squid! I'm so glad to see that it worked so well. You're amazing!!!! =]

    ReplyDelete