About Me

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Savvy Substitute Ideas

As a certified teacher, I always try and do my best as a substitute. I researched some neat ideas for substitute teachers. One idea I found was what I have dubbed a "Good Behavior Bouquet." I am going to try this with a first grade class I will be substituting for this coming week.


The idea is to give a student a "flower" any time they show good behavior. The website I found suggested having the children make the flower themselves, but I opted to have some pre-cut flowers to save time. I have decided instead to write on the flowers whatever good behavior the child is displaying (e.g. walking quietly in the halls) and then have them sign their name on the flower. If time permits, they can decorate it. Then, I will attach the flower to a pipe cleaner. By the end of the day, hopefully there will be a big beautiful bouquet of "good behavior flowers" to leave for the teacher. I bought a $1 vase from the Dollar Store and typed up the little rhyme to add to the bouquet.


Hopefully the teacher will enjoy this little treat when she comes back the following day! :)

2 comments: