About Me

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Musings of a journeying teacher...

Well hello there, I'm so glad you found my blog! I am just beginning to tread water in the world of blogging. After stumbling across so many creative teaching blogs, I had to join the hype! I am a certified teacher in Alabama, recently graduated from Auburn University (War Eagle!). I have not yet found a classroom to call my own, but I am happily working my way there! In the mean time, I have been blessed to substitute in some wonderful school systems in Alabama. I have found that God truly has a path laid out for me, and I cannot wait to see where it leads! I have learned so much through substituting and I am so grateful for that. Nowhere else would I be able to experience teaching in all grades (K through 6th) as well as several special education and ESL classes. I have learned so much in such a short time and I am so thankful for that opportunity! Since I have the luxury of teaching during the day and not having to plan at night, I have begun to fill my time with planning and creating things for my future classroom. I absolutely love crafting and creative activities, so I will be posting my various ideas, discoveries, and attempts at being creative here. :)

Starting with my crayon wreath which I saw while substituting one day (yet another perk of visiting tons of classrooms!).


I'm pretty proud of this little buggar simply because I'm a perfectionist and was worrying about every little detail while making it. It's a neat idea that the teacher I spoke with discovered off of Pinterest (love!). I tweaked the directions a little.

I used a 12 inch wreath ring (Michael's), two packs of 64 crayons (didn't use them all), scrapbook sticker letters, flower embellishments, cute ribbon, and a hot glue gun! Pretty simple. I painted the wreath ring before gluing on the crayons since it shows through; I like the effect and the color matches the ribbon! :)

Well that is my craft for the day, thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the wreath. I wish I was creative as you squid! I would try it, but I'm afraid it'll come out lop sided lol. EVERYONE is doing pintrest. every time visit the site, I get jealous of everyone's artistic abilities lol.

    ReplyDelete