About Me

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Penguins, Polar Bears, and Leopard Seals... oh my!

These past two weeks we have been studying polar animals. What a fun topic to discuss and learn more about! We learned that polar bears are found at the North Pole in the Arctic Circle, while you can find Emperor and Adelie penguins at the South Pole in Antarctica! We made some fun crafts and wrote down some interesting facts. What a great unit study it was!


We learned about the different types of animals of the Poles. In the Arctic you find Arctic Foxes and polar bears. In Antarctica: leopard seals, penguins, and skuas. The children illustrated their favorite Arctic and Antarctic animals.
We made a penguin craft!

And wrote a penguin report, telling of all that we learned during the week!


Fun polar bear crafts with our facts glued on the bellies. :)


1 comment:

  1. I just had time to sit and catch up on your blog. Um.....you owe me a box of tissues lol. Tears are everywhere. I know I tell you this all the time, but Squid, I AM SO SUPER DUPER proud of you and everything you are doing! I know you are enjoying your "rowdy" group. When times get tough, just know that I'm in your corner fist pumping saying, "go squid! go squid!" lol :) love you <3

    ReplyDelete