About Me

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Character Wall

I found my Character Wall idea on another teacher blog, unfortunately I can't remember where it was anymore to tag it. :( This is my Good Character Wall of Fame. It focuses on six character traits: honesty, cooperation, respect, courage, responsibility, and citizenship. One of our first days back, the kiddos and I had a discussion of what good character is and how we can show good character in our classroom. We listed the different traits and our ideas on an anchor chart.

The idea is, that children who show different character traits get their name up on the wall! I told the children, that if everyone gets their name up at least once this month, I will bring in something special. Guess I'll have to do that this coming week, because they all made it! YAY! :)


I love this because our school focuses heavily on showing good character. Probably one of the sweetest things that has sprouted from this, is when one of my sweet children came up to me and explained why two of his peers deserved to be up there after helping him clean up his desk. To me, that is when true character shines! Of course, he earned himself onto respect. What a wonderful, heart-warming moment that was for me!

I am planning on restarting the wall each month. We will see how it progresses!


No comments:

Post a Comment