About Me

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Year, New Grade, New ADVENTURES!

Well it's almost that time again... August has arrived and along with it is a new school year! I am so excited and beyond blessed to say that I will now be teaching second grade!!

After completely my internship in Vestavia in a second grade classroom, I fell in love with this age and the content we cover! There are so many things about second grade that I am looking forward to... one being the chance to really dig deep into the students' reading and comprehension. I can't wait to ignite a passion and love for reading in my little ones! Heres a sneak peek at the beginning of my (work-in-progress) classroom library!

Books, books, and more books!
Along with fun new exciting new journeys into reading, we were so blessed to be able to adopt the new AMSTI math program! I can't WAIT to get started!! This new program is engaging and hands-on, I just know children will leave the classroom with a LOVE for math!

Check out our awesome new manipulatives! Whoo hoo!!

Our classroom meeting area!
Needless to say, I am SO excited for this school year to start! Keep checking back for updates on our adventures in second grade!


No comments:

Post a Comment